Why Choose Laya Healthcare?
Well, for a start, we don’t like the word “customers” – so, we call everyone who has a policy with us members. We have over half a million members, which makes us the second largest provider of health insurance in Ireland.
One thing that has helped us grow since we appeared in 1997 is that we care. It’s in our name; looking after you always. We mean it. It’s at the heart of everything we do and we’ll be honest with you and treat you properly. We’re for the tumbles, bumps and jumps in life and for doing the things you want to do without fear. Because no matter who you are or what you do. It’s good to live.
Some of the benefits of being a laya healthcare member include:
- Laya Healthcare Concierge - any healthcare question answered. Your team of friendly clinical experts who specialise in healthcare in Ireland
- CareOnCall - 24/7 phone access to GPs and Nurses, online prescription service, home testing kits, video calls with GPs seven days a week
- Healthcoach - get a health check and a personalised fitness, nutrition and wellbeing programme from your dedicated Healthcoach
- 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support - a confidential service - speak about things like your mental health, financial and legal issues, and work-related stress or anxiety
- QuickCare - walk-in treatment for minor injuries and illnesses, 365 days a year - no appointment needed - average wait time is just 1 hour
- HeartBeat Cardiac Screening - every laya healthcare member over the age of 12 is entitled to a heart screening once every 2 years.
We’re always looking for ways to make things a little simpler for our members and we have combined digital technology from our Member Area, Member App and our award-winning Customer Care team. It allows our members to access all the benefits of their membership any time and anywhere.
Super Troopers, Ireland’s first health homework club
We also created Ireland’s first health homework club which is now in its fourth year. Super Troopers tackles the prevalence of obesity in children but the programme has evolved to incorporate wellbeing also. Available in 500 schools with 240,476 pupils taking part our aim is to bring it to every primary school in Ireland.
We are also official health and wellbeing partner for Leinster Rugby and we run Ireland’s biggest free family festival, City Spectacular, every summer.
While these initiatives certainly help to make us different, the main reason we stand out is because of our award-winning team. We are a team that thinks differently and we apply that thinking to help people to live better.
Top reasons to join or switch to Laya Healthcare
- 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support Programme
- Healthcoach by laya healthcare
- HeartBeat Screening - (every member over 12 can avail of a cardiac screening once every two years)
- CareOnCall - GP consultations seven days a week, a home prescription service and unlimited phone access to GPs, nurses and physios
- QuickCare - gives you rapid access to a new network of minor injury and illness centres
- Consultant Connections - gives you have access to a global network of leading medical experts should you become seriously ill.