QuickCare - Minor Injury & Illness Centres
Introducing QuickCare, a new urgent care benefit available to all laya healthcare PMI members aged 12months+, giving them rapid access to a new network of minor injury and illness centres that offer the latest in diagnostic services.
We are partnering with two world-class providers: Affidea Express Care centres and MyMedical Urgent Care centre, who will launch an exciting new network of walk-in minor injury and illness centres across Ireland, which are opening soon.
The new QuickCare benefit covers consultation and treatment of a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries in approved centres including minor burns, sports injuries, fractures and sprains or possible breaks. Treatment will also be available for minor illnesses including fever, rashes and infections.
Subject to their level of cover, members will be covered up to €375 per visit in direct settlement to cover an ‘urgent care’ consultation and related treatment in approved minor injury and illness centres.
QuickCare benefit will be introduced to all PMI schemes on 1st January 2018, with the exception of 16 schemes* that will have the benefit on 31st January 2018.
*CompanyCare Plus, Total Health Extra, ConnectCare, Complete Simplicity, SimplyHealth Excess, Total Health Plus, Simply Health Plus, Ideal Simplicity, Control 150 Create, SimplyHealth Starter, Simply Connect Plus, Total Health Complete 175, Simplicity, Simply Connect, Control 300 Create, CompanyCare Advanced.
Proposed Launch Date
|Affidea Express Care Cork||The Elysian, Eglinton Street, Cork City, Co. Cork||Opening Soon|
|Affidea Express Care Tallaght||
Unit 1, Tallaght Cross East, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Co. Dublin
|MyMedical Urgent Care Cherrywood||Block D, Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin 18, Co. Dublin||January 2018|
Affidea Express Care
- Walk in Consultant-led minor injury and illness centres across Ireland.
- Clinics will open from 10am to 10pm, 365 days a year; with no appointment required for urgent care.
- The clinics aim to treat patients within one hour, and will treat young children from 12 months onwards.
- The first of the urgent-care centre will open soon in the Elysian Cork, and later in Tallaght Cross East, Dublin 24 in March 2018.
- Laya healthcare members will have access to the latest diagnostic services on-site including ultrasound, CT and X-ray.
- Express Care centres will treat a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries including minor burns, sports injuries, fractures and sprains or possible breaks. Treatment will also be available for minor illnesses including fever, rashes and infections.
MyMedical Urgent Care
- Walk-in Consultant-led consultation and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses.
- The centre will be open Monday to Friday, 9am– 7pm, open to the public including laya healthcare members aged 12months+.
- Full-spectrum medical practice offering the most modern and advanced treatments in healthcare in South County Dublin.
- Their new MyMedical Urgent Care Centre in Cherrywood, South County Dublin is due to open January 2018.
- It will treat a range of minor injuries and illnesses including high fever and vomiting, infections and rashes, allergies and hayfever, minor eye and ear injuries, minor head injuries, cuts and wound care, minor burns, insects and animal bites.
In addition to our QuickCare benefit, laya healthcare members also have access to public & private A&E departments. Find out more here
CareOnCall exclusive to laya healthcare members
For minor illnesses, our members will often turn to our CareOnCall service, with GPs, nurses and physiotherapists available for our members to talk to 24/7 and 365 days a year.
Whether you’re at home with a sick child, or feeling poorly, you can now see a GP face-to-face online or have a quick telephone call, wherever you are, and at a time that suits you!
No travel, no parking, no long wait required. So register for CareOnCall today.