My Employer Pays All, Or Part Of, My Health Insurance
Redirecting claim cost savings to our members
When it comes to employer-funded health insurance, we want to redirect claim cost savings to both the employee and the employer in a way that’s fair and easy to implement.
If a member’s employer pays for their health insurance, we will distribute a payment directly to the employee and a separate payment will be made to the employer.
Where an employer doesn’t pay their employee health insurance cover in full and has different arrangements in place e.g. joint contribution towards cover, we will need more time to confirm arrangements directly. Once details are validated, we will then clarify how claim cost savings will be redirected to employees and their employer.
The total due will be split into three equal instalments and paid over three months - April to June 2020. This is the estimated period of time that our hospitals will be re-organised in response to Covid-19 and when we will redirect our estimated claims savings as a benefit back to our members. If hospitals return to normal before the end of June, we’ll need to revise the monthly instalment accordingly.
We will endeavour to pay the first instalment by the 30th of April 2020. Members must have a current active policy on the 1st of each month – April, May, June – to qualify for the monthly instalment.
If there are any dependents on your policy, their payment will go into your (the main policy holder's) bank account.
What You Need To Do
We need to ensure that the bank details we have on file for you are correct. If we don't have any bank details on file for you, we need you to add them.
If you are registered for Member Area, and are happy that the bank details on file with laya healthcare are correct, you dont need to do anything. Your payment will come through into your bank account automatically.
Extended Benefits & Services
We are removing restrictions and giving access, where age appropriate, at no additional cost to our members for three months (April - June 2020).
- Unrestricted access for all members for 3 months to video consultations with GPs and Physios
- Unrestricted access to 1:1 video consultations with Health & Wellbeing experts covering parenting, financial and nutrition advice
- Unrestricted access to online Healthcoach consultations for members aged 18+.
- We will pay the full cost for members to access urgent care consultations and treatment for minor injuries in Laya Health & Wellbeing Clinics. Clinic Doctors in our Health & Wellbeing Clinics are also providing video consultations for non-Covid-19 related minor illnesses including upset stomach, kidney infections, skin and eye issues
- Unrestricted access to our Laya Healthcare Concierge service for 3 months for every member
- Unrestricted access to specialist clinical remote monitoring of members with Covid-19 symptoms.