Terms and Conditions
Laya Healthcare Covid-19 - Financial
- Laya Healthcare members of inpatient private health insurance schemes only will be eligible for the benefit support payments. Members of cash plans, health protect plans, dental plans or holders of Laya Travel or Laya Life policies who do not hold an eligible health insurance policy are excluded.
- There are two benefit support payments, both to be paid in equal instalments;
- Covid Support Benefit - A Covid-19 benefit payment to all individual insured members.
- Covid Financial Benefit - A financial support benefit payment to the individual payer of the health insurance product.
- Members with eligible and active policies on April 1st, May 1st and June 1st, 2020 will be eligible for the benefits to be applied for the respective months. Members who join during the month of April, will be eligible for the May and June benefit, subject to the other terms applicable. Members who join in May will be eligible for the June benefit subject to the other terms applicable. Members who join in June will not be eligible for the Covid 19 benefits at this time.
- A member will be classified as a child if at the date of policy inception, they were under 18 years of age.
- Laya Healthcare reserve the right to withhold payment in the event of a member owing outstanding subscriptions.
- Laya Healthcare will endeavour to make payments to all eligible members, in an accurate and timely manner. Laya Healthcare accept no liability for the inaccurate distribution of funds as a result of the provision of inaccurate or out of date member bank details.
- The offer of benefit support payments has been put in place in response to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis and the situation with the private hospitals. Laya Healthcare reserves the right to adjust this offer if there is a material change to the private hospital access environment during the period of April 2020 to June 2020.
- Terms, conditions and scheme rules applicable to members of Laya Healthcare continue to apply. Terms and conditions set out above relate to the Covid-19 related benefits only.