Marie Keating Foundation Seminar
The Marie Keating Foundation is dedicated to making cancer less frightening by enlightening people with valuable information they can apply to their everyday lives. Survival rates for most cancers are improving. In relation to breast cancer for example, the five-year survival rate in Ireland stands at 80% and this rate continues to rise.
How it works
Option 1: Nurse delivered seminar
- A qualified nurse can be made available for 2 to 2 ½ hours to deliver a seminar onsite. Each seminar lasts approximately 30 minutes, with Q & A afterwards.
- Seminars can include all areas of cancer topics including prostate/breast/ovarian/testicular/mouth/skin.
- The nurse will set up an information stand for participants who are unable to make it to the seminar or want to ask questions in a more private setting.
- Visuals aids, such as tar in a jar, are used in the seminars and information packs are avaiable at each session which are relevant to the campaign running that month, which include information on support numbers/groups.
Option 2: Mobile unit onsite
- The Marie Keating Foundation can provide a mobile unit onsite with a staff nurse available all day. The mobile unit takes up approximately 4 car parking spaces.
- 1:1 meetings can be scheduled throughout the day for people at 10-15 minute intervals, or it allows for an open schedule so that employees can visit throughout the day at their convenience. Employees are encouraged to visit in groups of 2 or 3 if they feel more comfortable.
- This also includes some visual aids such as tar in a jar and units of alcohol, and the nurse can test carbon monoxide levels which is a wonderful tool for smokers.
The option of the mobile unit can be combined with short 30 minute talks onsite also.
Our team of highly experienced and qualified nurses are dedicated to providing the highest standard of care and nursing excellence to your employees. All our nurses are listed and registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
There is no restriction on the intake of participants for this course.
Marketing and support
Reporting and analysis