First Aid CPR & AED
This heart saver CPR/AED hands on training course teaches you the basics of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and how to relieve choking in adults, children and infants.
It is a ½ day (4 hour) interactive workshop dedicated to teaching you all about CPR and AED use, and covers skills suitable for use on infants, children and adults. Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a Dual Certification by IHF (Irish Heart Foundation) & PHECC (Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council).
Topics covered in this course include:
- Chain of survival
- 4 common life-threatening emergencies in adults
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart attack
- Activation of the emergency services
- CPR to an adult and child and infant
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Perform one and two-rescuer CPR
- CPR on adult, child or infant using a barrier device
- Help a choking victim
- Relieve choking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
The course is delivered by a qualified first aid instructor.
This CPR/AED course can facilitate groups up to a maximum of 6 people.
Marketing and support
Reporting & analysis