3 Day Occupational First Aid
Our 3 day Occupational First Aid course is designed to give participants the practical skills, confidence and knowledge to deliver effective life support and to diagnose and treat accidents, injuries or illnesses within the workplace. Having trained and qualified first aiders in the workplace will provide peace of mind to employees and will inevitably aid in reducing the effects and significance of any accidents or injuries that may occur.
This comprehensive QQI/FETAC level 5 certification course is run over 3 days. Participants will complete a theoretical exam and practical skills assessment in the presence of an external examiner. All successful candidates will be awarded a QQI (FETAC) level 5 certificate which is valid for 2 years.
Topics covered include:
- First aid in the workplace
- Patient assessment
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac first response
- Wounds & bleeding
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Burns and scalds, chemical & electric shock
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand responsibilities of the occupational first aider
- Be familiar with health & safety legislation in relation to first aid in the workplace
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance
- Be able to provide treatment for an injury which doesn't require the attention of medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
The course is delivered by a qualified first aid instructor.
This course can facilitate groups up to a maximum of 10 participants.
Marketing and support
Reporting & analysis