What do the clinics treat?
- Sports injuries
- Fractures or sprains
- Possible breaks
- High fever & vomiting
- Minor eye & ear injuries
- Cuts & wound care
- Minor burns
QuickCare - Minor Injury & Illness Cover
Walk-in, Consultant-led treatment
- Walk-in access, 365 days a year - no appointment needed - average wait time is just 1 hour
- Treatment for sprains, breaks, sports injuries, minor burns and more
- Cover up to €375 per visit, depending on your chosen scheme/level of cover - unlimited visits - use QuickCare as often as you need.
There’s nothing worse than facing a wait time of six hours or more in a busy hospital A&E when you or your family are sick or injured.
Our Members now have QuickCare, an urgent care benefit available to all laya healthcare members aged 12months+, giving them rapid, walk-in access to a new network of minor injury and illness centres that offer the latest in diagnostic services.
We're for the tumbles, jumps and bumps in life.
What injuries and illnesses are treated?
The QuickCare benefit covers consultation and treatment of a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries in approved centres, including sports injuries, fractures and sprains or possible breaks, as well as minor burns. Treatment is also available for minor illnesses including fever, rashes and infections.
How am I covered?
Subject to their level of cover, members will be covered up to €375 per visit in direct settlement to cover an ‘urgent care’ consultation and related treatment in approved minor injury and illness centres. Members can check their level of cover through Member Area by clicking on 'check cover', then 'everyday expenses'.
Where are the centres?
We have partnered with two world-class providers: Affidea ExpressCare centres and MyMedical Urgent Care centre, who are launching an exciting new network of walk-in minor injury and illness centres across Ireland. Urgent-care centres are now open in the Elysian Cork, in Tallaght Cross East, Dublin 24 and in Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin 18.
CareOnCall, exclusive to laya healthcare members
For minor illnesses, our members will often turn to our CareOnCall service, with GPs, nurses and physiotherapists available for our members to talk to 24/7 and 365 days a year.
Whether you’re at home with a sick child, or feeling poorly, you can now see a GP face-to-face online or have a quick telephone call, wherever you are, and at a time that suits you!
No travel, no parking, no long wait required - register for CareOnCall today.
Open 365 days a year
|Affidea ExpressCare Cork||
The Elysian, Eglinton Street, Cork City, Co. Cork
|10am to 9.30pm|
|Affidea ExpressCare Tallaght||
Unit 1, Tallaght Cross East, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Co. Dublin
|10am to 9.30pm|
|Affidea ExpressCare Santry||
Building 1, Swift Square, Northwood Business Park, Santry, Dublin 9
|10am to 9.30pm|
|MyMedical Urgent Care Cherrywood||Block D, Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin 18, Co. Dublin||
Monday to Friday, 10am– 10pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am - 8pm
- Walk in Consultant-led minor injury and illness centres across Ireland.
- Clinics are open 365 days a year, with no appointment required for urgent care.
- The clinics aim to treat patients within one hour, and will treat young children from 12 months onwards.
- Urgent-care centres are now open in the Elysian Cork, and in Tallaght Cross East, Dublin 24.
- Laya healthcare members have access to the latest diagnostic services on-site including ultrasound, CT, MRI and X-ray.
- ExpressCare centres treat a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries, including minor burns, sports injuries, fractures and sprains or possible breaks. Treatment is also available for minor illnesses including fever, rashes and infections.
MyMedical Urgent Care
- Walk-in Consultant-led consultation and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses.
- The centre is open to the public 365 days a year, including laya healthcare members aged 12months+.
- The new MyMedical Urgent Care Centre in Cherrywood, South County Dublin is now open.
- Treats a range of minor injuries and illnesses including high fever and vomiting, infections and rashes, allergies and hayfever, minor eye and ear injuries, minor head injuries, cuts and wound care, minor burns, insects and animal bites.
Please note that laya healthcare-approved urgent care centres may offer additional clinical services which are not covered under the QuickCare benefit e.g. physiotherapy, dental treatments, vaccinations.
In addition to our QuickCare benefit, laya healthcare members also have access to public & private A&E departments. Find out more here
The minor injuries and illnesses service provided by Affidea Express Care and MyMedical Urgent Care is delivered at the discretion of both providers. The medical services and treatment solutions they offer as part of their urgent care centres may be reviewed from time to time and we advise members to check directly with each provider to ensure they have the most up to date information on what services will be provided. Go to Affidea or MyMedical for more information.