“Our daughter needed hospital care during Covid-19. It was a scary time. Our Laya Healthcare Concierge held our hand and ensured she got the care she needed”
My family and I are originally from Canada, so when our daughter needed medical care, we weren’t quite sure where to start. The whole situation was particularly stressful as it was during Covid-19, so we didn’t know what medical services or hospitals were open or accepting non-Covid patients.
We had a video consultation with the medical team in the Laya Health & Wellbeing Clinics, who were so helpful and referred us to the right hospital to get the care we needed. Once we got in touch with the hospital, we ran into issues in terms of getting our daughter admitted. This was really stressful for us and we weren’t sure who to ask for help.
We knew that our cover included the Laya Healthcare Concierge service, so we rang the team and – wow. Lorraine, one of the Laya Healthcare Concierge nurses, made it all so easy for us. She took over the situation and contacted the hospital on our behalf to ensure that our daughter was admitted for treatment. It was above and beyond and meant so much to have this team on our side.
Candace, Laya Healthcare Member & Mom of two
Laya Healthcare Concierge is available on all schemes to members aged 18+ at no additional cost until the end of August 2020.
How does it work?
We’ve made it simple. Any health-related query you have, pick up the phone and call or email our Laya Healthcare Concierge team directly for answers and advice.
There are 4 key steps:
- Call our team on 021 202 2893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Response on the spot
- Call or email back, if the question is more complex
- Follow up info after the call
Our team are available 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
What kind of questions can I ask?
Our team receive a wide range of questions, on many different topics. You can ask anything health-related and they will offer as much guidance as possible. Questions we’re often asked, that your Laya Healthcare Concierge team can answer, include;
- “What’s the difference between an MRI, CT and a PET scan?”
- “Can you help me to get an appointment with a Consultant?”
- “How do I access mental health supports?”
- “What is this procedure and what does it involve?”
- “How long will my recovery be?”
- “I’ve had a life-changing diagnosis … what do I do next?
- “Do I need to register for a GP in my area?”
- “When should I expect to get my results?”
- “My partner is pregnant, should we go public or private?”
Who are the Laya Healthcare Concierges?
Our Laya Healthcare Concierge team is made up of experienced nurses, who between them have decades of clinical experience under their belts.
They offer friendly advice, empathy, reassurance and practical clinical guidance on what to do and where to go when it comes to a personal diagnosis or treatment. They are familiar with navigating the healthcare system and supporting patients, and so are the ideal people to form our Laya Healthcare Concierge team.