5 Star Money Management
This 5 week programme is designed to provide you with practical tips and insights towards improving your financial skills and behaviours. It provides helpful tips on the 5 financial areas that most often impact upon the ‘typical PAYE employee’. It will also alert you on things to look out for, the so-called ‘traps for the unwary’. The seminars will cover topics such as better budgeting, securing & safeguarding and retiring gracefully.
This is a 5 week programme, covering a different topic each week.
The topics covered include:
- Better budgeting: Improved budgeting for individuals and households, analysing our spending on certain items, identifying over-runs, and the importance of financial goal setting.
- Borrowing blues: Mortgages and borrowing for big ticket items, managing our long-term debts, new rules around deposits, affordability issues, rates and loan terms.
- Saving for the rainy day: Saving, investing, wealth accumulation, researching the marketplace, suitability of investments, risk considerations and diversification.
- Securing and safeguarding: Protecting our income, our health, our lives; types, costs and levels of insurance; stay at home partners.
- Retiring gracefully: Optimising the tax breaks, realism regarding adequacy, the investment piece, knowing our options and entitlements, and the post retirement years.
The programme is delivered by a financial advisor.
Marketing and support
Reporting and analysis